This is somewhat of a long entry and was difficult to format, so I apologize it is at all difficult to read. Keep in mind that I rely on map and memory, so details may be out of place (there are traps on the Sertori cells that may not be adequately presented in the text). I am quite certain some of the stat blocks have errors as well.
Pazzer-Unzi fell in love with Una-Tara, a Sertori woman in Port Sul. She feared his family and he desperately wanted to marry her (Pazzer's uncle, the king, supports the Sertori hunts). First he tried to persuade her by secretly converting to the Church of Light, and this worked for a time, but she worried that Pazzer-Unzi’s uncle would discover her and she would be handed to Gesara (leader of a kind of Inquisition against Sertori). Wind of the young man’s troubles indeed reached Gesara and she sent Goff-Tan to make a fair proposal to the man. Knowing that his father orchestrated the exchange of the Pillar of Druba for 125,000 gold, she saw an opportunity and Goff-Tan was tasked with offering him a way to obtain his love’s safety in exchange for it. This would bring Pazzer-Unzi’s loyalty into question but more importantly place Hamil under her thumb.
|Varian Kingdoms are in the north east|
|MAP OF PALUS|
Note: North is left
- Two days after the party brought them the gold, Emanuel discovered the 125,000 gold was gone.
- Pazzer had left the day before with Bishop Quintus to take a donation of grain from the fort to Yortel.
- Six days after leaving, Bishop Quintus returned without Pazzer, saying he had remained behind in Yortel to deal with a personal matter.
- Emanuel sent men to Yortel and found no sign of Pazzer.
- He learned that Pazzer had been seen by a going into The Hall of Hoonor the day he left.
- Quintus says he went with Pazzer not to deliver donations but to make an exchange for troops to help Hamil at Goff-Tan Tower. This is partly a lie, the troops were for rebellion against King Hanno-Kar
- If pressed or threatened with undo attention from other powers in the land, Quintus will reveal that Pazzer had converted secretly to the Church of Light
- If tortured severely he will admit the troops were to be used by Pazzer to end Hanno-Kar’s reign and place his uncle on the throne. It would also displace the church of Ramos for the Church of Light.
- Ibn Pesh will talk for a fee. He saw Pazzer-Unzi arrive at a table where an elven woman was seated. He recognized her as a lady named Nathreen, an Archon of Goff-Tan.
- If the players speak with one of the servers, they learn that Baw (an elven server) overheard portions of their conversation. They discussed something about gold for arms and backing.
- Quintus and Pazzer passed through but never gave any donations of grain. They were headed North.
- Beor may need to be moved to the third holding cell. Getting better at his blasting the guard. Wait and see if he can escape first.
- What merchants in this lot. Harch healed people for a fee of 20 Silver (100 Gold for those who could afford it). Such greed has taken hold so soon.
- We have been letting Golgar believe his words of fear are working even when they take no effect. This is yielding interesting results. He grows bolder than the others.
- New powers to catalog: Impart Desire to Object, Storm Gliding and Summoning.
- Note: Storm Gliding and Summoning not very useful underground, but risked taking Golgar to surface for demonstration with horrible results. It is safe to keep in him the first holding cell for now, but dangerous to take him outside.