Monday, November 29, 2021

NEW GAME AND ALIEN NATION

I am working on a new game, which I will discuss more in the near future. I have been play testing it on my Friday night sessions and will have some additional playtests with different groups of players in the coming weeks. It is going to use the same system as Strange Tales of Songling. 

Also, Jeremy and I are still developing the supernatural expansion for Righteous Blood, Ruthless Blades. I will post updates on that as well as things progress. 

In the mean time, I decided to revisit the movie and TV series Alien Nation for some late night podcasts. I hadn't seen the show or movie in ages, but they always stuck in my mind, and I rented the film on Amazon last month. I decided to watch it just before thanksgiving because the viewing period for the rental was about to end. 

The show was canceled way too early in its run (it only went for one season). I had really fond memories of though. 

I watch them both for the first time since about 1990, and you can hear my thoughts below: 


 

2 comments:

  1. Has the Profound Masters of Ogre Gate been abandoned entirely at this point?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am still deciding what to do about Profound Masters. I may end up posting what I have on the blog. It is very likely the last Ogre Gate book will be Lady Eighty Seven (which will have two profound sects in it). I finished 30,000 words of it, and set it aside when I started working on other things. And both because my interest in it has waned considerably and the momentum was lost (which with a project like that I found important for keeping things consistent), when I do go back to it, I don't feel I am in a place to finish it properly. So I would like to at least put out those 30,000 words on the blog (but that will mean gaps, possible consistency issues and incomplete ideas).

      Delete